Skip to main content

Feb.24.2019...our sweet baby taylor


Good Morning!!!
Boy am I so excite to share with you how my heart has just grown to love more deeply than ever before...

   This story is about our sweet Baby Taylor. As you all know, last year (2018) the Lord blessed us with the news that we were going to be parents, that God was on the move and created a little bundle of joy that would change our lives, and how we see and share love for the rest of our lives...
"...For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb." Psalm 139:13

Baby Taylor had a due date of February 17, 2019 two days after papa bear's birthday. We were really hoping and praying the Lord allowed our sweet baby to be born on baby's due date. You see Justin (papa bear) was born two days after his dad's birthday (Dad Taylor Feb.13 Papa Bear Feb.15 ) We knew God was working on something...

I loved being pregnant...from the moment I found out, to sharing the wonderful and joyful news to our family in so many creative ways, to watching my body change, to hearing baby taylor's sweet heart beat for the first time, first ultrasound, maturity photos, and even my delivery. 

Throughout my pregnancy the Lord gave me a new understanding of how much He loves us, how He created us and how He was creating and growing a little one in my womb. My walk with the Lord grew and the understand I had got deeper. 


"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord,The fruit of the womb is a reward" Psalm 127:3

The Lord blessed me with a wonderful pregnancy: I had no complications, I was only sick for my first trimester, in my second and third trimester I was walking and I went back to Jazzercise, only cared the weight in my belly and a little in my booty lol even had my hourglass shape.  By the last appointment I had on February 21st, I had gained only 40lbs and baby's head continued to be down since Christmas. God even used my pregnancy to help me overcome my fear of needles. Praise the Lord! 

Saturday February 23...so a few months back our dear friend Drew asked me/Justin if we would like to help photography a wedding in Philly. We thought (at the time) our sweet bundle of joy would have made his or her's appearance, but God had a different plan. So today, Saturday Feb. 23 at 11:30am Justin drove to meet our friend in Philly and help assist in photographing a wedding... I was told to rest, which by the way I discovered I'm not actually good at that so I "rested" by illustrating baby milestone cards for my sweet baby. ( will be available to purchase soon!!!) 

Around 2pm (at my mother's house) she asked me if I had any contractions yet, I told her, "no I don't think so. I have been having this cramping in my lower abdomen that slowly moves towards my back and every once in a while to the top of my belly.." My mother's eyes got so big as she said " oh no...you have back labor, you need to track those." We then started tracking them, and every few moments she saw me click the start button on my contraction app and asked me how close they were. At this point, 12 minutes apart. I texted Justin and updated him and told him not to worry and I would let him know if he needed to head home.

Mom wanted to shower before Baby Taylor was born so she did, then she came over to watch me until Justin came home. He was home for dinner about 6/6:30 and by this time they were 8-10 minutes apart. We ate dinner (the last meal I would have until I gave birth) and watched a show before trying to go to bed at 10:30pm. Between 10:30pm and 2:30am my contractions were slowly increasing and every 6-7 minutes apart, which is just about the amount of time a person needs to start falling asleep... At 2:30am (Sunday Feb.24) they were 5 minutes apart and I called my doctor who encouraged me to take a bath, have some tea, and try to sleep/relax and wait until they are 3 minutes apart for an hour. 

I felt bad for Justin and I could't sleep, so I went to our living room and tried tea, watching a show and attempted to sleep. None of which was really working since I would just settle down from one contraction no sooner did another start up did I have to lean over and sway my body side to side, or swirl my hips on the ball, or any other motion to help my pain. Prayed more times than I could ever remember praying in my life, but God was helping and guiding me through every one while my hubby was resting, seen God knew it wouldn't be much longer...

6am...on the phone with my doctor, she told me "yep! it's time to come in!". I was so happy to hear that. I told Justin, who was stumbling out of bed, excited that finally we would soon be meeting our little baby and know if God gave us a him or her to love! 

Checked in by 6:30am at 5cm dilated, 90% effaced, and baby's head moving down the birth canal. Justin quickly called my mother and sister first since they were going to be part of my team in the delivery room, then his family, and his grandmother whom we live with as I was signing papers and getting my IV placed in my arm...a few minutes later when he walked back into the room I asked when my mom and sister would be here, he told me they didn't pick up. Ummm hello!? For the past two weeks every time I called or Justin called they thought I was at the hospital and now, the moment is HERE and they were not...by the time I finished my sentence my sister called Justin back and told him they were getting up, eating breakfast, and showering. They were at the hospital at 8am, my in laws were there by 9am. 

While baby and I were being monitored I asked the nurse for the aroma therapy to help with my contractions. Justin was doing great as he helped me with my breathing techniques. The lavender scented aroma stick helped remind me to focus deeper in my breathing. Contractions came quicker and more intense, but my team was on it...Mom and sometimes Sarah (my sister) was holding my hands and breathing with me, Sarah later was in charge of holding my aroma therapy smeller near my nose, and my amazing hubby Justin rubbed the tennis ball on my back. 

I asked to be checked around 9 or so, and they said they don't check unless I feel like I have to push, but I didn't. I then asked to have the IV meds, but I was told I'd have to lay in bed and not be able to walk around. So Justin said, "why not try  to walk first and then if it still hurts we can get you the meds".   So we tried...we got just a few steps out of my room and another contractions would begin. I'd stand up and take a few more steps before another would hit me.  I looked at Justin and told him I had to get the meds, but he encouraged me to at least make it to the end of the hall and back. By the time I turned around to make it back to my room (while having very close contractions...) my mother in law walks towards me, then I hold on to the railing and my amazing team help me through the more intensifying contractions. I begin walking again when I see my father in law, then another contraction, he quickly turned the other way. Contraction finished and I begin walking and I see my to brother in laws walking towards us and sure enough another began and I'm fairly certain I saw them run the other way...

Back in my room I was finally checked so I could have meds when the midwife says " 9cm, and we are going to break your water now". Ummm I'm sorry, God didn't we have a talk a few weeks ago and we said natural with IV meds...God heard me but He said you are strong my child, and you will be just fine...God's plan was more perfect, still painful, but better then I could have imagined.

My midwife Beverly was called, and came to the hospital and she was able to delivery our sweet baby, sometime after 10am I began pushing, Bev said the baby had hair! Pushing with each contraction our sweet baby was getting closer into our arms. And at 11:06 am "one more push", said Bev and woosh baby taylor came. Bev asked Justin what we had and he said " I think it's a boy..." I asked how did he think, and he told me the cord was in the way. Be moved the cord and Justin said " a boy!" with tears in both our eyes, baby taylor was finally in our arms, screaming lol. The doctors asked what his name was...Welcome to the world Theodore Leo Taylor! 


Thank you Lord for our sweet baby boy Theodore,
our little Teddy Bear...










until next time,
mama bear
Liz 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What felt like a very long journey...

Hey all you beautiful people reading,  Happy Monday!!! I hope you are enjoying this wonderful Monday! I know 2020 has been a year like no other. full of unknowns ( more than normal), I know you all had plans of how this year was hoping to go (me included) , and when the spring just stared all our lives have been change.  God has certainly been growing and stretching us in our faith more than we thought possible, asking me daily "do you trust me?"... And when I started to me more real, more vulnerable, and more honest with Him and myself God was ready to take me on a journey I thought was so far out of my reach. Well I want to share with you all some absolutely, amazing, incredible, (these words can't begin to describe...) news I have been waiting so long to share... Today on August 31, 2020 Justin and I signed all our paperwork to our very first house!!! Yes! That's right! Our very first home. This has been an on going journey for over/pushing 3 years ( I think). I w

One already!

Happy First Birthday to our sweet Teddy Bear! And Happy Birthday mama and papa bear! Thanks right! Our sweet baby boy Theodore Leo Taylor is ONE already!  I can't believe he is one years old already. Wasn't it just yesterday I was at the hospital breathing through those contractions with so much joy and excitement to meet our baby and see if God had blessed us with a baby boy or girl?!  This past year has been full of so many new adventures, eye opening understands, and pure joy:discovering a deeper prayer life and seeking God for how to put our baby to sleep because we want sleep too, giving grace to myself as God showed me who He was creating me to be as a mama in this new season of life, being reminded that I don't have to parent alone, that God has blessed me with a husband I can lean on, and a wonderful loving father to our sweet Teddy bear, and that's just a few. How quickly a year has flown by, someone once said "the nights are long but the years

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!          That's right! Today 24 years ago I was born into the world...     SO much has happened in these last few weeks and years of my life! One of the most exciting ones at the moment is shown in this photo...I am a children's book illustrator!!!    This job opportunity has made me realize how much I love creating, designing, and illustrating! It has given me a new, fresh motivation on my creative life journey only God has shown me in these past few weeks. He has open a door I never thought would be open!  God can do anything he wants to. How cool is that?! We just have to trust him and to remind ourselves that we are not the one in control, and that's ok!   Happy Birthday to all my May birthday readers!!!  Have a beautiful day!!! God loves YOU! Until next time Liz