Skip to main content

In the Morning when I rise...

Give me Jesus...
Have you ever heard a song that spoke to the very core of your spirit?

This was a song that I've heard and sang many times over my life, but Monday morning my spirit cried out the first line of the song, " In the Morning when I rise, give me Jesus...", and I stopped and understood that I needed to be feed spiritually! That in the busyness of my Sunday morning and throughout the day, I missed my quite time with my Heavenly Father, my Papa...And my soul cried out to Him.

Since becoming a Mama and being able to hold, hang out, and enjoy spending time with my son Teddy, my quality times with my Papa has changed...

I'm talking about my daily time with Jesus, my one on one feeding with the Lord and His Word... I know that may look different depending on your daily schedule and where God has you in your walk with Him but for me it use to look something like this: I'd wake up (tried to wake up before the alarm) pray, read and meditate on the Word (the food my spirit longed for). But since my sweet, beautiful cuddle bug Teddy came into my arms, my daily feeding with my Heavenly Father has changed...and one morning this is what my Papa spoke to my heart: Sweet beautiful daughter of mine, I rejoice that you want to spend time with me. I love watching you grow and seek our special time together. You don't have to feel shame, guilt, or condemnation for not being able to wake up early (at 5am). Your body has changed because not only are you my daughter but you are a mama. I need you to take care of both your physical body and your spiritually body. I love you and I will meet you were you are in this season of life. 

PRAISE HIM!!! I am shouting for so much joy!!! Ok, I know you can't see me in my excitement for what just happened, but I really am jumping with joy! In this new season of motherhood I am learning so much more about God...and let me tell you, you can never learn too much about Him. Just when I think I'm on a deep leave with Papa He takes me deeper, grows me more beautifully, and changes my heart to be more like His.

I want to share with you all what God has been speaking to me these past few days while sitting at his table ( completely sharing my heart: spending time with God this week has not been at the same time every day...something God is working on me with...) So here is what our Heavenly Father has been opening my eyes to this week : "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for what Christ Jesus took hold of me" Philippians 3:12
This was the first scripture I read to start the week off, and it was the reading I would have skipped over since I "missed" my daily feeding with God. But He spoke to my heart and said, "Who said you had to skip it? Why not read two today?" Why Not! God had something He couldn't wait to share with me and I would have missed it. Paul reminds us here in Philippians that even he hadn't accomplished goals that he set out for himself, but that God wants us to continue to press on, stay committed. Today is a new day, and God is on our side! Call on your Heavenly Father to help you were you are at! He is ready and waiting for you. He isn't asking you to be more than what he needs you to be, He is asking for your heart. I promise you He will take care of you and your beautiful heart. You can trust Him!

Monday late afternoon during Teddy's nap time I was able to meet with Papa to read more... "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18 God is such a wonderful Papa. He is the ONLY rescuer who has the power to set us free from sin...He IS JESUS!!!  He loves YOU! He loves us so much that He left everything to come and save us and set us free, by His death on a tree at Carvery. His love is unconditional and forever, He is ready to make you whole! He meets us where we are at! He is ready to heal your broken heart, wont you let Him?

I'll let you take this time to spend with your Heavenly Father, the one who loves us because He made us! You are beautiful! He wants to celebrate you! I pray that God spoke to your heart in a new way today, and that you'd let him heal whatever is breaking your heart today! It's not too late! He is ready! Are you?

Until next time,
mama bear
Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What felt like a very long journey...

Hey all you beautiful people reading,  Happy Monday!!! I hope you are enjoying this wonderful Monday! I know 2020 has been a year like no other. full of unknowns ( more than normal), I know you all had plans of how this year was hoping to go (me included) , and when the spring just stared all our lives have been change.  God has certainly been growing and stretching us in our faith more than we thought possible, asking me daily "do you trust me?"... And when I started to me more real, more vulnerable, and more honest with Him and myself God was ready to take me on a journey I thought was so far out of my reach. Well I want to share with you all some absolutely, amazing, incredible, (these words can't begin to describe...) news I have been waiting so long to share... Today on August 31, 2020 Justin and I signed all our paperwork to our very first house!!! Yes! That's right! Our very first home. This has been an on going journey for over/pushing 3 years ( I think). I w

One already!

Happy First Birthday to our sweet Teddy Bear! And Happy Birthday mama and papa bear! Thanks right! Our sweet baby boy Theodore Leo Taylor is ONE already!  I can't believe he is one years old already. Wasn't it just yesterday I was at the hospital breathing through those contractions with so much joy and excitement to meet our baby and see if God had blessed us with a baby boy or girl?!  This past year has been full of so many new adventures, eye opening understands, and pure joy:discovering a deeper prayer life and seeking God for how to put our baby to sleep because we want sleep too, giving grace to myself as God showed me who He was creating me to be as a mama in this new season of life, being reminded that I don't have to parent alone, that God has blessed me with a husband I can lean on, and a wonderful loving father to our sweet Teddy bear, and that's just a few. How quickly a year has flown by, someone once said "the nights are long but the years

Are you living...

a fearful life or a faith filled life?  A few years ago a co-worker and sister in Christ shared where God had her and this questioned appeared: Are you living by fear or by faith? What a beautiful, challenging, and encouraging question! In the last week or more our lives have changed what our "normal" routines look like due to the virus outbreak. How are you doing with this change? What was your first reaction? Was is to run out to all the stores and stock up on everything to live on and for how long? Was is to check in with your families from around the world to see how they are? Did you think to check on the elder lady or gent who lives alone next door who might need something? Did you stop and pray?  The Lord has brought this question to my heart "Liz, are you living by fear or faith?" In this world that we live in it's very easy to become distracted, distant, busy. But how's your walk with the Lord these days? Are you living in fear or by faith?  L