Skip to main content

Happy Easter!!!

He is RISEN! 
He is RISEN INDEED!!!

What a beautiful Easter day! When God woke me up this morning at 6am, before the sunrise, I started to think about all the Easter Sunday's I have celebrate throughout my life so far. I wondered how many I've celebrate... if I did my math right, I've celebrated 27 (thanks hubby for checking my math) Easters! WOW!!! that's a lot of Easter celebrations! For most of us, we have different family traditions for so many holidays...what are your family traditions for Easter? 


I started thinking about what my family of origin ( the family that God blessed me with: my mother Terri, my earthly father Herb iii, my brother Herb IV, and my baby sister Sarah. ) Easter traditions were growing up, here is what I remember: we would dye Easter eggs and decorate with the magic clear crayon and stickers that came in the box mom bought from the store, we did egg hunts hosted by the Air Force Bases, our church, and/or  some times our house, we always picked out a special outfit to wear on Easter Sunday and took our family Easter photo. I also remember getting my photo taken with the Easter Bunny at a mall I think, but my memory is a little fuzzy lol, Sunday morning "The Easter Bunny" (our mother) would have left a basket for us to find and there was different goodies in it....but my favorite thing about Easter was going to church that Easter morning, and later as I got older I remember I really wanted to go to the sunrise service. 


I've always been an early riser, and the thought of being able to get up before the sun to celebrate our Lord and Savior was so special to me. I can remember two of my favorite sunrise services, the first was with my dad when I was probably 12 years old ( my first sunrise service) and the second was with my mom and siblings in the back of a plan watching the sunrise. And this morning, even when I wasn't able to attend sunrise service with my church family since we are all under quarantine, the Lord had already planned to have one on one time with Him and be reminded of the special reason for celebrating Easter... "He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee:‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’"Luke 24: 6 & 7


Every spring Easter comes around, we come together with our families and our church to celebrate the beautiful gift that was paid in full by God's spotless Lamb Jesus Christ, how is your walk with our Heavenly Father? Has Christ been tugging at your heart, seeking you and reminding you that your sins are forgiven, you have been set free, and Christ is ready to share with you the plans He has written special just for you? 

I pray that as you celebrate this special Easter with your families, hubby/wife and kiddos, you will be reminded how special you are to your Heavenly Father, so special that He wanted us to be able to be in His presence once again, and in order for that to happen, He sent His only son to take our place and be pierced with nails in both his feet and hands to a tree on Calvary to wash us clean. The perfect sacrifice! 

Happy Easter, 
remember God loves you and I do too!

Until next time
mama bear
Liz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What felt like a very long journey...

Hey all you beautiful people reading,  Happy Monday!!! I hope you are enjoying this wonderful Monday! I know 2020 has been a year like no other. full of unknowns ( more than normal), I know you all had plans of how this year was hoping to go (me included) , and when the spring just stared all our lives have been change.  God has certainly been growing and stretching us in our faith more than we thought possible, asking me daily "do you trust me?"... And when I started to me more real, more vulnerable, and more honest with Him and myself God was ready to take me on a journey I thought was so far out of my reach. Well I want to share with you all some absolutely, amazing, incredible, (these words can't begin to describe...) news I have been waiting so long to share... Today on August 31, 2020 Justin and I signed all our paperwork to our very first house!!! Yes! That's right! Our very first home. This has been an on going journey for over/pushing 3 years ( I think). I w

One already!

Happy First Birthday to our sweet Teddy Bear! And Happy Birthday mama and papa bear! Thanks right! Our sweet baby boy Theodore Leo Taylor is ONE already!  I can't believe he is one years old already. Wasn't it just yesterday I was at the hospital breathing through those contractions with so much joy and excitement to meet our baby and see if God had blessed us with a baby boy or girl?!  This past year has been full of so many new adventures, eye opening understands, and pure joy:discovering a deeper prayer life and seeking God for how to put our baby to sleep because we want sleep too, giving grace to myself as God showed me who He was creating me to be as a mama in this new season of life, being reminded that I don't have to parent alone, that God has blessed me with a husband I can lean on, and a wonderful loving father to our sweet Teddy bear, and that's just a few. How quickly a year has flown by, someone once said "the nights are long but the years

Are you living...

a fearful life or a faith filled life?  A few years ago a co-worker and sister in Christ shared where God had her and this questioned appeared: Are you living by fear or by faith? What a beautiful, challenging, and encouraging question! In the last week or more our lives have changed what our "normal" routines look like due to the virus outbreak. How are you doing with this change? What was your first reaction? Was is to run out to all the stores and stock up on everything to live on and for how long? Was is to check in with your families from around the world to see how they are? Did you think to check on the elder lady or gent who lives alone next door who might need something? Did you stop and pray?  The Lord has brought this question to my heart "Liz, are you living by fear or faith?" In this world that we live in it's very easy to become distracted, distant, busy. But how's your walk with the Lord these days? Are you living in fear or by faith?  L